Advisor: Dr. Richard Ford, 801-626-6942 email@example.com
- Program Prerequisite: None
- Minor: Required for Option A; Not required for Option B *
- Grade Requirements: A grade of “C-” or better in courses required for this major in addition to an overall GPA for all courses of 2.00 or higher.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 120 credit hours is required for graduation; 63-69 of these are required within the major for Option A BA, and 69-75 of these are required in the major for Option B BA. A total of 40 upper division credit hours is required (courses numbered 3000 and above).
* Students may benefit from having a minor in such fields as chemistry, physics, mathematics, computer science, geospatial analysis, or a life science, and should consult with an advisor prior to choosing an option.
All Geology students are required to meet with a faculty advisor (see above) at least annually for course and program advisement. Call 801-626-7139 for more information or to schedule an appointment. (Also refer to the Department Advisor Referral List.)
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
Declare your program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ). No special admission or application requirements are needed for this program. However, students should meet with an advisor to plan and declare their program of study.
Refer to Degree Requirements for either Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts requirements. MATH 1050 or MATH 1080 is recommended for the Quantitative Literacy requirement. The following courses required for the Geology major will also satisfy general education requirements: CHEM 1210 , GEO 1110 , PHYS 2010 , and PHYS 2210 .