ANTH 4990 - Hunter-Gatherers
Typically Taught Fall Semester: Full Sem, Full Sem - Online
Typically Taught Spring Semester: Full Sem, Full Sem - Online
Investigation of modern and recent hunter-gatherer societies using ethnographic and archaeological record from around the world.
Students will develop or improve:
- An understanding of the variation in the lifeways of hunting and gathering societies as well an appreciation for their achievements and rich histories.
- Familiarization with an anthropological perspective on foraging groups and its development.
- The ability to distinguish between common misconceptions/stereotypes of hunter-gatherer groups versus the reality.
- Comprehend the diversity of perspectives on what is “human nature” and the role foragers have and continue to play.
- The ability to critically read anthropological literature and discuss concepts presented in lecture and texts in an informed manner.
Add to My Catalog (opens a new window)