Director: Dan Bedford email@example.com
Honors Program Coordinator: Megan Moulding (801) 626-7591 firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Specialist: Mar Muster (801) 626-6230 email@example.com
Location: Stewart Library, Room 324
Internet Address: weber.edu/honors
The mission of the WSU Honors Program is to provide a welcoming community for intellectually curious, academically adventurous students, staff, and faculty.
- We nurture excellence in this community, regardless of prior academic preparation.
- We build this community by offering small, creative, rigorous classes; leadership opportunities; and other innovative learning experiences.
- We open this community to the university as a whole by organizing events that catalyze far-reaching conversations about significant issues relevant to contemporary society.
DECLARACIÓN de la MISIÓN:
La misión del Programa de Honores WSU es la de proporcionar una comunidad acogedora para alumnos que posean curiosidad intelectual y que sean académicamente aventureros.
- En esta comunidad fomentamos la excelencia, independientemente de la preparación académica previa.
- Desarrollamos esta comunidad al proveer clases pequeñas, creativas y rigorosas; oportunidades de liderazgo y otras experiencias de aprendizaje innovadoras.
- Abrimos esta comunidad a la universidad en su conjunto, mediante la organización de eventos que catalizan conversaciones de gran alcance con respecto a asuntos importantes de interés a la sociedad contemporánea.
Entrance and Exit Requirements
A student may apply for entrance into the Honors Program at any time after formal acceptance by the Weber State Admissions Office. However, in order to take advantage of the many options available, early entrance is recommended. Exit applications must be submitted before the fall or spring break of anticipated graduation. Entrance and exit requirements and application forms are available in the Honors Center or at weber.edu/honors.
General Honors is available to students completing the requirements for an associate’s degree and successfully completing 12 credit hours of Honors courses.
University Honors is available to students earning a bachelor’s degree who have completed 24 hours of Honors credits which must include the Honors Program Core Requirements (see University Honors Core Requirements below).
Departmental Honors is available to students majoring in departments with designated Departmental Honors contracts. Specific requirements for participating departments are found in these contracts. Please see weber.edu/honors/contracts.html for a list of current Departmental Honors contracts and Departmental Honors Advisors.
Students may elect to graduate with only one of the three Honors designations, or they may choose to graduate with all or a combination of Honors designations. Official recognition for the completion of an Honors designation is subject to timely submission of the exit form. Recognition of the designation will be made on the graduating Honors student’s transcript and diploma and will also be entered into the university’s commencement program. In the event a student completes Departmental Honors in more than one department, notation of each will be made on the transcript, diploma, and commencement program.
BIS Honors Emphasis is also available to students who elect to graduate with a BIS degree. A student may design an individualized Honors curriculum to be used as one of the three areas of emphasis for the Bachelor of Integrated Studies degree. For information consult the BIS office.
University Honors Core Requirements
Students will complete three of the eight classes listed below:
In addition, the following courses are required:
Honors Course Descriptions