2018-2019 Catalog ARCHIVED CATALOG: Content may no longer be accurate.
Integrated Studies (BIS)
Coordinator: Dr. Michael Cena
Location: Stewart Library, Room 58
Telephone Contact: Beth Thompson 801-626-7713
The Bachelor of Integrated Studies (BIS) Program is an interdisciplinary degree program that serves the needs of students who want to create a specific academic program, obtain a broad liberal education, prepare for particular career goals, or go to graduate school. The program best suits students who have developed a sense of their educational and life goals, and who are looking for ways to express those values through an individualized university program.
To accomplish these general outcomes, BIS students complete course work in three different disciplines. As a culminating experience, students then synthesize the three areas in a capstone project. The BIS degree option is available to students in good standing at Weber State University with a GPA of 2.5 or above. Students must formally apply for admittance into the BIS program, and must take 15 credit hours in the program after they are accepted.
- BIS applicants must earn and maintain a 2.5 GPA to graduate with a Bachelors of Integrated Studies degree.
- The institution requires that every bachelor’s degree candidate earn a total of 120 credit hours, 40 of which must be upper division hours.
- A BIS student can expect to take a minimum of 18 credit hours in each of three areas of emphasis, plus 5 hours for the capstone preparation and project, for a minimum of 59 credits in the BIS program.
- All contract and BIS courses must receive a minimum grade of “C” in order to count towards the BIS degree.
- Only graded classes can be included in the course contract (special exams, CLEP, or credit/no credit may not be included in the BIS contract).
- Courses which are used to satisfy General Education may not be used again in the BIS contract.
- Program Code: 1000BIS with three concentration codes
- CIPC: 240101
All prospective students must meet with the BIS Coordinator to plan a course of study, and be admitted into the program. Call 801-626-7713 to schedule an appointment. For more information, see the BIS Web page (weber.edu/bis).
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
Refer to Degree Requirements for bachelor’s degree requirements. Honors students may elect to fulfill this requirement through the Honors general education option.
Bachelor of Integrated Studies Course Descriptions