Oct 23, 2020
- Program Prerequisite: Must be an ARRT registered technologist or acceptable equivalent as determined by the School of Radiologic Sciences, make application and be accepted to the program of choice (refer to Admission Process below).
- Minor: The Advanced Radiologic Sciences minor is automatically satisfied by the requirements for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography major.
- Grade Requirements: After admittance to the program, a GPA of 2.0 or a grade of “C” is required in all professional courses.
- Credit Hour Requirements: Credit hours required will vary according to the chosen emphasis. Consult with a faculty member to complete an academic contract.
- Program Code: Cardiac (2012BS), Medical (2010BS), Vascular(2036BS)
- CIPC: Cardiac (510910), Medical (510910), Vascular(510910)
Students should meet with the admissions counselor at least annually for course and program review. Call 801-626-6057 for more information or to schedule an appointment. (Also refer to the Department Advisor Referral List.)
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
To be eligible for admission to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, the following criteria must be met:
- Application must be made to Weber State.
- Demonstrate ability to achieve scholastically.
- Complete an application to the desired program and pay the $25 application fee.
- Provide the following with the application
- transcripts from hospital certificate program or colleges and universities;
- high school transcripts if no previous college experience; and
- copy of ARRT certification or equivalent.
- Have all pertinent material on file January 10.
- The Program of Study within the Diagnostic Medical Sonography emphasis area will be declared upon acceptance into modality.
Refer to Degree Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements.
Major Course Requirements for BS Degree
DMS Courses Required (6 credit hours)
Radiography Courses Required (24 credit hours)
Support Course Electives (6 credit hours)
Select 6 credit hours from the following
*for Cardiac and Medical Emphases Only
Complete the courses for one of the following three emphasis areas: Cardiac Emphasis (20 credit hours), Medical Emphasis (20 credit hours), or Vascular Emphasis (16 credit hours).