2018-2019 Catalog ARCHIVED CATALOG: Content may no longer be accurate.
Manufacturing Systems Engineering (BS)
- Program Prerequisite: Not required, but a strong math background is suggested.
- Minor: Not required.
- Grade Requirements: A grade of “C” or better in all major courses, support courses, and technical electives is required (a grade of “C-” is not acceptable) in addition to an overall GPA for all courses of 2.50 or higher. Also refer to the general grade requirements for graduation in the Degree Requirements section of this catalog.
- Credit Hour Requirements: Credit hours vary as shown for different emphasis areas: the BS in Manufacturing Systems Engineering requires 125.5 - 126 credit hours. A total of 40 upper division credit hours is also required (courses numbered 3000 and above). Transfer students are required to take a minimum of 30 credit hours at Weber State University.
- Program Code: 8083BS
- CIPC: 142701
Program Educational Objectives
Educational objectives are the career and life accomplishments that the program prepares graduates to achieve within a few years after graduation. The educational objectives of the WSU Manufacturing Systems Engineering Program are to produce graduates that are able to:
- Design, develop and analyze manufacturing production systems and facilities.
- Effectively communicate technical information and participate in a team environment.
- Engage in life-long learning through continuing education and industrial practice.
- Demonstrate professional ethics and social awareness
The Weber State University Manufacturing Systems Engineering program will seek accreditation by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET upon first graduate.
All Manufacturing Systems Engineering students are required to meet with their faculty advisor at least annually for course and program advisement. Please call the department secretary at 801-626-6305 for the name of your advisor and to schedule an appointment.
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
Declare your program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ). Refer to the Program Prerequisite on the previous page. There are no additional special admission or application requirements for this program.
Refer to Degree Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements. Consult with your advisor for specific general education guidelines.