- Program Prerequisites: Completion of all prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better (“C-” or CR are not acceptable in prerequisite courses). In addition, students must complete an application/selection process, which requires prior completion of current CPR certification at the BLS-C level (also see Admissions Requirements below).
- Grade Requirements: A grade of “C” or better in each course is required by this program (a “C-” is not acceptable). CR/NC courses in this program require a “C” or better to receive CR. A cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required to enter the program.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 60-67 credit hours is required for graduation; 38 of these are required REST courses and 18 are required general education courses.
- Program Code: 2022AAS
- CIPC: 510908
Students may contact an advisor in the Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions’ Admissions & Advisement Office (Marriott Allied Health Building, room 108, phone 801-626-6136, email email@example.com) for program information and an application.
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
Declare your program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ). Meet with a Dumke College of Health Professions advisor and then file a Program Application (at the Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions Admissions Office, MH 108 on or before February 1). Program selection criteria includes cumulative GPA, prerequisite GPA, completion of application process, previous healthcare experience, and formal Selection Committee interview. Complete all prerequisite courses with “C” (2.0) or better.
Admission requirements include the following:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent program
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.5
- Complete FBI criminal background check or designated background check. Any student that is convicted of a felony will be dismissed from the program.
- Admission to Weber State University
- Completed application to Associate of Applied Science Degree and payment of the $25 application fee
Refer to Degree Requirements for Associate of Applied Science requirements. The following general education courses will fulfill both general education and program requirements: PSY 1010 or PSY SS2200, ENGL 1010 , COMM 1020 or COMM 2110 , and either HTHS 1110 /HTHS 1111 or introductory-level courses in some of the basic sciences (human biology, chemistry and microbiology). One additional course in a physical or life science is required for students taking the HTHS option.
Consult with Academic Advising or Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions Admission Advisor regarding general education guidelines.