Jul 12, 2020
Bachelor of Integrated Studies
- Grade Requirements: A minimum grade of “C” (2.0) in each of the courses taken for the three emphases.
- Credit Hour Requirements: The student must take a minimum of 18 credit hours each from at least three (3) different academic departments or recognized disciplines. A student has numerous possibilities in developing a BIS degree using the academic disciplines both in HPER and campus wide.
The course of study in each discipline must be approved by the appropriate program director.
BIS Possible Options
These are only recommendations; many combinations and options for potential careers are possible.
Health Education & Health Promotion Emphasis
Program Code: 5013
Community Health Promotion
Occupational Health Education
Clinical Health Education (See Department of Health Administrative Services in the Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions)
Family Life Health Promotion
Gerontological Health Promotion
Drug Abuse Prevention Education
Exercise Science Emphasis
Program Code: 5019
Also refer to individual minor programs.
Physical Education Emphasis
24 Credit Hours Total Required
Complete the following Required Courses (16 credit hours)
*May not be taken until all other requirements have been met.
In addition, four of the following courses are required. (9 Credit hours)
Students must meet with Academic Advisor to review requirements for BIS in PEP. In addition, students applying for the Teaching Track must also meet the Teacher Education admission and licensure requirements (see Teacher Education Department in this catalog). Students will not be allowed to register for PEP 3520 , PEP 3520L , PEP 3630 , PEP 3660 , PEP 4700 , PEP 4710 , PEP 4860C , PEP 4830 , or PEP 4990 until admission requirements have been met.
Admission requirements include:
- Declared major or minor or BIS in a Physical Education or Coaching Education program.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Students may transfer a maximum of 12 physical education professional course credits from another institution per the Physical Education Program Director approval.
- Fingerprinting/background check must be cleared prior to admission to the program. Provisional admission is granted for one semester only until the check is completed.
- Student must adhere to the Health, Physical Education, and Recreation Department ‘Student Conduct Policy’ available online at http://www.weber.edu/wsuimages/HPER/StudentCode/HPERStudentCode.pdf
Program Retention Requirements
After admission into the Physical Education major/minor programs, students will be retained based on the following:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.85.
- Earned grade of C- or above for each required course.
- Clear fingerprinting/background check.
- Retention/improvement of sport specific and fitness skills.
- Student Disposition score above 20 in each course.
Refer to Degree and General Education Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements.
A General Education course required for all Physical Education minors is:
NUTR LS SUS 1020 Science and Application of Human Nutrition (3)
HTHS LS 1110 BioMed Core (4)
See major and minor course prerequisites for additional General Education recommendation/requirements.