- Program Prerequisite: Completion of the support courses listed under the Admission Requirements.
- Grade Requirements: A grade of “B-” or better in all MLS courses, and a grade of “C-” or better in all support courses. A “C” is required in HTHS 1110 in order to continue to HTHS 1111 .
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 67-68 credit hours is required for graduation, 33-34 of these are required MLS courses, 22 are required support courses, and 12 are required general education courses.
- Program Code: 2039AAS
- CIPC: 511004
Students interested in the MLS program are required to meet with a health professions advisor located in the Dumke College of Health Professions Admissions and Advisement Office room 108. After initial advisement, students are encouraged to meet with an MLS advisor after acceptance into the program. To schedule an advising appointment, contact the advisement office at 801-626-6128.
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and meet with an advisor.
- Complete MLS 1113 and MLS 1114 and most or all of the MLS support courses by April 1 of the year of application (student may be enrolled in those courses that spring semester). For the list of support courses, see Course Requirements for the AAS Degree.
- Submit application and a non-refundable $25 fee to DCHP Admissions Advisement office (Marriott Allied Health Building, room 108) by April 1. Applications are available in the MLS Department office (Marriott Allied Health Building, room 208). For more information, call the MLS secretary at 801-626-6118.
- Complete a federal background check and drug screen by the end of fall semester after acceptance into the program.
- Students for whom English is not their native language need to submit documentation of proficiency in English. Please refer to the MLS website at http://weber.edu/mls/ for more details.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Must be currently employed by an accredited (TJC/CAP/COLA/CLIA) laboratory that can provide a multidisciplinary laboratory experience. Contact the AAS MLS online academic advisor, Ashley Wilkinson at email@example.com for advising.
- Have employer read and sign Statement of Support form, available at http://www.weber.edu/mls/degrees/online/SOS.html.
- Apply to WSU for general admissions. Applications are available online at http://www.weber.edu/admissions.
- Send all official transcripts from other institutions to the WSU admissions office.
- Complete a MLS AAS online application, available at https://portalapps.weber.edu/gradadmissionsform2/undergraddefault.aspx?program=MLS. Submit a completed Statement of Support along with the application. A $95 non-refundable departmental application fee is also required.
- Complete a federal background check and drug screen, if required by employer.
Once supporting documents listed above are received and reviewed, students are notified of acceptance and enrolled the following semester.
For more information about the online application requirements and process, go to http://www.weber.edu/mls/degrees/online/AAS.html, and contact Ashley Wilkinson, at 801-626-6120 or firstname.lastname@example.org for advising.
Refer to Degree Requirements for Associate of Applied Science requirements. The following required courses will fulfill both program requirements and general education requirements in the Life and Physical Sciences areas: CHEM 1110 , CHEM 1210 , HTHS 1110 , MICR 1113 , MICR 2054 , and PHYS 1010 . Remaining general education requirements can be fulfilled by taking the required 12 credit hours from each of the following areas:
6 credit hours Composition
3 credit hours Creative Arts & Humanities
3 credit hours Social Sciences
Some requirements may be met by ACT, CLEP, and/or AP scores as designated by the University (contact the Admissions Office for more information).