Oct 28, 2020
Music Major Performance and Pedagogy (BM)
- Program Prerequisite: Audition required for admission to program.
- Minor: Not required.
- Grade Requirement: A grade of “C” or better in courses required for these majors (a grade of “C-” is not acceptable). Also refer to the general grade requirements for graduation.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 120 credit hours is required for graduation; a minimum of 52 credit hours is required within the major for the Bachelor of Music in Performance and a minimum of 58 credit hours is required within the major for the Bachelor of Music in Keyboard Pedagogy, Stringed Instrument Pedagogy, or Vocal Pedagogy. A total of 40 upper division credit hours is required (courses numbered 3000 and above); 18-28 of these are required within the major.
- Program Code: Keyboard Performance (3038BM), Vocal Performance(3039BM), Instrumental Performance (3040BM), Keyboard Pedagogy (3041BM), Stringed Instrument Pedagogy (3065BM), Vocal Pedagogy (3042BM)
- CIPC: Keyboard Performance (500907), Vocal Performance(500908), Instrumental Performance (500903), Keyboard Pedagogy (500907), Stringed Instrument Pedagogy (500912), Vocal Pedagogy (500908)
Music majors should meet with an advisor prior to registration. For current advisor listing please refer to School of Music Advisors.
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
Declare your program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information). All students in these Bachelor of Music programs must audition with the appropriate area head prior to admission to the program.
Refer to Degree Requirements for Bachelor of Music requirements. LIBS 1704 will fulfill the Computer Literacy general education requirement. PSY 1010 is recommended.
School of Music Policies and Procedures
Refer to the School of Music Policies and Procedures in this catalog.
School of Music Required Core Courses (25 credit hours)
Additional Required Music Courses (52 credit hours)
Large Ensemble (2 credit hours)
Choose two courses from the following to be taken over two semesters:
Chamber Lessons (2 credit hours)
To be taken over two semesters for a total of 2 credits:
Applied Lessons (16 credit hours)
Minimum of 8 classes required. Courses may be repeated for credit.
Other Required Support Courses (10 credit hours)
Elective Courses (6 credit hours)
Choose 6 credits from the following: