Nov 24, 2020
Anthropology (Minor and BIS)
- Grade Requirements: Minimum grade of “C” in courses counted toward fulfilling the minor (a grade of “C-” is not acceptable) and an overall GPA of 2.00.
- Credit Hour Requirements: Minimum of 18 credit hours.
A systematic advisement system assigns all Anthropology Minors and BIS students to a faculty advisor. Students are officially notified that they must be formally advised at least once a year with all contacts posted in their files which are maintained in the department. Undeclared students and those with general questions should contact the Coordinator of Anthropology (Dr. Linda Eaton, phone: 801-626-6244).
Course Requirements for Minor and BIS Emphasis
Required Program Courses (6 credit hours)
Four-Field Fundamentals Courses (6 credit hours)
Select two from the following
Electives (6 credit hours)
Select a minimum of 6 additional credit hours from the following
- ANTH 1020 LS/DV - Biological Anthropology (3) *
- ANTH 1040 HU/DV - Language and Culture (3) *
- ANTH 2010 SS/DV - Peoples and Cultures of the World (3) *
- ANTH 2030 SS - Principles of Archaeology (3) *
- ANTH 2810 - Experimental Courses (1-3)
- ANTH 2920 - Short Courses, Workshops, Institutes, and Special Programs (1-3)
- ANTH 2950 - Elementary Anthropological Field Trip (1-3)
- ANTH 2990 - Special Topics in Anthropology (1-3)
- ANTH 3100 - Prehistory of North America (3)
- ANTH 3200 DV - Archaeology of Early Civilizations (3)
- ANTH 3300 - Archaeological Field Techniques (3-6)
- ANTH 3400 - Archaeological Laboratory Techniques (3)
- ANTH 3500 DV - Advanced Cultural Anthropology (3)
- ANTH 3600 DV - Culture Area Studies (1-3)
- ANTH 3700 DV - Sex Roles: Past, Present and Future (3)
- ANTH 3900 DV - Magic, Shamanism and Religion (3)
- ANTH 4100 - Archaeological Method, Theory, and Cultural Resource Management (3)
- ANTH 4300 - Anthropological Research Methods (3)
- ANTH 4810 - Experimental Courses (1-3)
- ANTH 4830 - Readings and/or Projects (1-3)
- ANTH 4920 - Short Courses, Workshops, Institutes, and Special Programs (1-3)
- ANTH 4950 - Advanced Anthropological Field Trip (1-3)
- ANTH 4990 - Seminar in Anthropology (1-3)
*Course may not be used to fulfill both elective and four-field fundamental course requirements.
Strongly recommended skills for minors: foreign language, computer, and statistics.