Oct 03, 2023
- Program Prerequisite: Complete the requirements for the Mechanical Engineering Technology (AAS) .
- Minor: Not Required.
- Grade Requirements: A grade of “C” or better in all major courses, support courses, and technical electives is required (a grade of “C-” is not acceptable) in addition to an overall GPA for all courses of 2.00 or higher. Also refer to the general grade requirements for graduation in the Degree Requirements section of this catalog.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 124 credit hours is required for graduation. A total of 40 upper division credits is also required (courses numbered 3000 and above). Transfer students are required to take a minimum of 30 credit hours at Weber State University.
- Program Code: 8002BS
- CIPC: 150805
All Mechanical Engineering Technology students are required to meet with their faculty advisor at least annually for course and program advisement. Please call the department secretary at 801-626- 6305 for the name of your advisor and to schedule an appointment.
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
Declare your program of study. Refer to the Program Prerequisite listed above. There are no additional special admission or application requirements for this program.
Refer to Degree Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements. Consult with your advisor for specific general education guidelines.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate appropriate mastery of knowledge, skills and modern tools in the discipline
- Apply current knowledge of managing engineering and technology
- Conduct, analuze and interpret experiments and apply experimental results to improve processes
- Apply creativity to design of systems, components and processes
- Function effectively on teams
- Identify, analyze and solve technical problems
- Communicate effectively
- Recognize the needs for and possess the ability to pursure life long learning
- Understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities
- Respect diversity and recognize professional, societal and global issues
- Have a commitment to quality, timelines and continuous improvement
Mechanical Engineering Technology Courses Required (31 credit hours)
Support Courses Required (9 credit hours)
Technical Electives (9 credit hours)
A minimum of 9 credit hours of technical electives chosen from the following list are required. At least 3 credit hours must be upper division.
Other Required Courses (12 credit hours)
- Gen Ed Humanities Elective (3)
- Gen Ed Social Science Diversity Elective (3)
- Gen Ed Life Science Elective (3)
- Gen Ed American Institutions Elective (3)