The Associate of Applied Science in Apprenticeship degree is a generic degree that is specifically designed for students who have completed or are completing an apprenticeship program under the auspices of the Office of Apprenticeship. This degree consists of the apprenticeship courses and on-the-job training from the Ogden Weber Technical College (OWTC) or the Davis Technical College coupled with general education and two additional required courses from Weber State University.
While the degree was developed for OWTC apprenticeship students, it is open to anyone who meets the qualifications of an apprentice with a certificate of proficiency from a post-secondary institution offering the Office of Apprenticeship (OA) certified program. Please see http://www.utech.edu/ for a list of other Utah System of Technical Colleges locations.
- Program Code: 8047AAS
- CIPC: 460000
For additional information and advisement, schedule an appointment online with an Advisor at https://www.weber.edu/east/advising/default.html or call 801-395-3496
In order for a student to receive this degree they must complete the course requirements listed below and provide one of the following:
- State of Utah Journeyperson’s License
- Certificate of Completion from the Office of Apprenticeship (OA)
- Certificate of Completion from the post-secondary institution offering an OA certified program
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, the student:
- Will be able to explain the essential concepts of Construction Management.
- Will be able to apply the principles of math, as a foundation for future courses in CM.
- Will be able to communicate effectively, in both spoken and written formats.
- Will be able to explain the basics of design and architecture.
- Will be able to explain the basics of construction contracts, along with the application of ethical principles in construction.
- Will be able to apply accounting principles.
- Will understand the principles of microeconomics.
- Will possess basic computer skills used in construction.
- Will be able to demonstrate skills required in construction jobsite management.