Jan 30, 2023
- Program Prerequisite: Declare a Program of Study in Construction Management and declare your emphasis as Facilities Management.
- Minor: Not required.
- Grade Requirements: A grade of “C” or better in all major courses, business courses, and support courses is required (a grade of “C-” is not acceptable) in addition to an overall GPA for all courses of 2.00 or higher. Also refer to the general grade requirements for graduation under Degree Requirements .
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 121 credit hours is required for graduation. A total of 40 upper division credit hours is required (courses numbered 3000 and above).
- Program Code: 8085BS Construction Management with Emphasis code (8056)
- CIPC: 522001
All Construction Management Technology students are encouraged to meet with a faculty advisor at the beginning of their freshman, junior, and senior years for course and program advisement. Call the CMT program secretary at 801-395-3427 to schedule an appointment. (Also refer to the Department Advisor Referral List).
Use Grad MAPs to plan for your degree
Declare your program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ). No special admission or application requirements are needed for this program.
Refer to the Degree Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements. Consult with an academic advisor for specific general education guidelines. The following courses required for the Construction Management - Facilities Management Emphasis BS degree will also fulfill general education requirements: COMM 1020 /COMM 2110 (Humanities), MATH 1080 (Quantitative Literacy), ECON 2010 (Social Science), and BTNY 1403 (Life Science).
Program Learning Outcomes
- Create and apply effective communications
- Create a construction safety plan
- Create a construction project cost estimate
- Create construction project schedules
- Create a business plan for a small construction company
- Analyze methods, materials, and equipment used to construct projects
- Apply construction management and supervisory skills as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Apply current software applications to the construction process
- Apply basic surveying techniques for construction layout and control
- Apply the preconstruction process and alternate delivery methods
- Apply the principles of construction risk management
- Apply the principles of construction accounting, cost control, and profit maximization
- Understand construction quality assurance and control
- Understand the legal implications of construction contracts and documents and regulatory law
- Understand the principles of sustainable construction
- Understand the principles of construction design
- Understand the principles of effective leadership
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility
- Understand how to develop professional relationships
Major Course Requirements for BS Degree
Course requirements are subject to change. Check with program advisor for current requirements.
Construction Management Technology Courses Required (63 credit hours)
Business Courses Required (12 credit hours)
Support Courses Required (24 credit hours)