Nov 29, 2023
- Program Prerequisite: An interview with a faculty member is necessary prior to acceptance into the program.
- Minor: Not required.
- Grade Requirements: A grade of “C” or better in courses required for this major (a grade of “C-” is not acceptable) in addition to an overall GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 120 hours is required for graduation; a minimum of 51 of these is required within the major. A total of 40 upper division credit hours is required (courses number 3000 and above); a minimum of 32 of these is required within the major.
- Program Code: 8065BS
- CIPC: 521804
All Professional Sales students are required to meet with a faculty advisor at least annually for course and program advisement. Call 801-626-6913 for more information or to schedule an appointment. (Also refer to the Department Advisor Referral List.)
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
Declare your program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ). No special admission or application requirements are needed for this program.
Refer to Degree Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Basic Selling Techniques: Demonstrate effective selling skills.
- Contract and Sales Negotiations: Apply negotiation techniques to selling situations.
- Customer Profiling: Identify and profile the various selling styles.
- Sales Proposal Writing: Apply the principles of proposal writing.
- Team Building Skills: Development of the interpersonal and leadership skills to work effectively in teams.
- Customer Service Skills: Identify successful techniques for working with customers in business situations.
- Business Math Skills: Apply the basic principles of business math: markup, cost of goods sold, profit and loss statement, merchandise plans, pricing techniques, etc.
- Supervision Skills: Practical application of supervisory skills including choosing, organizing, training and evaluating.
- Supervised Sales Experience: The practical use of program skills and applying them to the workplace.
- Sales Presentation Skills: Identifying and using the principles and practices of professional sales consultants.
- Interpersonal Relationship Skills: Identifying and demonstrating interpersonal relationship skills.
- Legal Compliance and Sales Ethics: Applying the principles, techniques and analysis of ethics and the law in the sales and service profession.
- Planning and organization skills: Apply the principles of organization and planning to all facets of the sales and service profession.
Major Course Requirements for BS Degree
Courses Required (51 credit hours)
Support Course Electives (minimum 24 credit hours)
Select from the following or other classes approved by the department adviser.