Dec 07, 2023
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Grade Requirements: A grade of “C” or better in all major courses, support courses, and technical electives is required (a grade of “C-” is not acceptable) in addition to an overall GPA for all courses of 2.00 or higher. Also refer to the general grade requirements for graduation in the Degree Requirements .
- Credit Hour Requirements: Credit hours vary as shown for different concentration areas: the AAS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology with a Production Operations and Control Concentration requires 66-68 credit hours, the AAS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology with a Welding Concentration requires 63-65 credit hours, and the AAS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology with a Plastics and Composites Concentration requires 63-65 credit hours. Transfer students are required to take a minimum of 20 credit hours at Weber State University.
- Assessment Requirements: Students will be required to complete certain assessment instruments as part of the overall requirements for receiving their associate’s degree. Please see your advisor or your department for specific information regarding assessment.
- Program Code: 8037AAS with Concentration codes Plastics & Composites (8058), Production Ops & Control (8059) or Welding (8060).
- CIPC: 150613 with Concentration codes Plastics & Composites (150607), Production Ops & Control (150613), or Welding (150614).
All Manufacturing Engineering Technology students are required to meet with their faculty advisor at least annually for course and program advisement. Please call the department secretary at 801-626-6305 for the name of your advisor and to schedule an appointment.
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
Declare your program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ). No special admission or application requirements are needed for this program.
Refer to Degree Requirements for Associate of Applied Science requirements. Information Literacy as defined in this catalog is also required for the AAS degree. Consult with your advisor for specific general education guidelines.
Course Requirements for the AAS Degree
Core Courses (44-48 credit hours)
AAS Degree requirements for an AAS Degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Production Operations and Controls Concentration, an AAS Degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology with a Welding Concentration, or an AAS Degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology with a Plastics and Composites Concentration will be met by completing the first two years of the respective BS Degree. All AAS Degrees will have the following core courses in common.
Please see your academic advisor for additional general education requirements.
Manufacturing Engineering Technology Courses Required (15 credit hours)
Technical Courses Required (10 credit hours)
Support Courses Required (19-22 credit hours)
Other Courses Required (4 credit hours)
Additional Courses Required by Concentration Area
Plastics and Composites Concentration (9 credit hours)
* These courses will also fulfill general education requirements.