May 19, 2022
- Program Prerequisite: Not required, but a strong math background is suggested.
- Minor: Not required.
- Grade Requirements: A grade of “C” or better in all major courses, support courses, and technical electives is required (a grade of “C-” is not acceptable) in addition to an overall GPA for all courses of 2.50 or higher. Also refer to the general grade requirements for graduation in the Degree Requirements section of this catalog.
- Credit Hour Requirements: Credit hours vary as shown for different emphasis areas: the BS in Manufacturing Systems Engineering requires 125.5 - 126 credit hours. A total of 40 upper division credit hours is also required (courses numbered 3000 and above). Transfer students are required to take a minimum of 30 credit hours at Weber State University.
- Program Code: 8083BS
- CIPC: 142701
The Weber State University Manufacturing Systems Engineering program will seek accreditation by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET upon first graduate.
All Manufacturing Systems Engineering students are required to meet with their faculty advisor at least annually for course and program advisement. Please call the department secretary at 801-626-6305 for the name of your advisor and to schedule an appointment.
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
Declare your program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ). Refer to the Program Prerequisite on the previous page. There are no additional special admission or application requirements for this program.
Refer to Degree Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements. Consult with your advisor for specific general education guidelines.
Program Learning Outcomes
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Major Course Requirements for MSE BS Degree
Manufacturing Systems Engineering Required Courses (44 credit hours)
Technical Elective Course (Minimum 3 credit hours)
Pre-Engineering Required Courses (19 credits)
Required Technical Courses (9 credit hours)
Additional Manufacturing Systems Engineering Courses (required department approval)
Required Support Courses (minimum of 12 credit hours)
Required General Education Courses (38.5-39 credit hours)