May 23, 2022
- Program Prerequisite: Completion or equivalent of a Weber State AAS Degree in Web and User Experience.
- Minor: Not required.
- Grade Requirements: A grade of “C” or better must be earned in all required WEB and CS courses (a grade of “C-” is not acceptable). A grade of “C-” or better must be earned in all required support courses. In addition, an overall GPA of 2.70 or higher must be attained for all required courses.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A minimum of 123 credit hours is required for graduation. A total of 40 upper-division credit hours is required (courses numbered 3000 and above).
- Program Code: 8075BS with 8093 emphasis code
- CIPC: Web and User Experience(110801) with Full Stack(110801)
Web and User Experience major students should meet with a School of Computing advisor for course and program advisement. Refer to the Department Advisor Referral List for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Use Grad MAPS to plan your degree
Complete the Web and User Experience (AAS) or equivalent. Declare a program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ) with the department admin (Elizabeth Hall 301). An application is needed to select this emphasis
Refer to Degree Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements. The COMM 2110 HU CEL course required for the Web and User Experience major (taken as part of the AAS) will also be applied to fill general education requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Possess effective business communication skills.
- Possess knowledge and skills of technology.
- Implement effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Possess knowledge of ethics and professionalism.
- Produce industry-standard websites and multimedia projects
Major Course Requirements for BS Degree with an emphasis on User Experience Design
To be taken in addition to the requirements for the Web and User Experience (AAS) .
Specific Major Courses Required (16 credit hours)
Support Courses Required (14 credit hours)
Electives (12 credit hours)
These 12 credits can be fulfilled with any CS 3xxx, CS 4xxx, NET 3550, WEB 3xxx, WEB 4xxx courses.
- Any CS 3xxx Course Not Slotted Elsewhere
- Any CS 4xxx Course Not Slotted Elsewhere
- Any WEB 3xxx Course Not Slotted Elsewhere
- Any WEB 4xxx Course Not Slotted Elsewhere