- Program Pre-requisite: Applicants must have completed MATH 1040 or QUAN 2600 .
- Grade Requirements: Students must complete all certificate courses with a grade of “C-” or higher.
- Credit Hours Requirements: Six credits hours of program pre-requisites and ten credit hours of MIS courses.
- Gainful Employment Disclosure
- Program Code: 4056CP
- CIPC: 307101
The Data Analytics Essentials Certificate of Proficiency is designed to provide current and future business professionals with highly desired knowledge of Python, SQL and data visualization techniques using Tableau. In addition, students will learn data wrangling and machine learning techniques. This certificate will enable business professionals to improve decisions through improved analysis and visualization of data.
This certificate will prepare students for careers in high-demand jobs in Utah such as: Computer Systems Analysts, Management Analysts, Business Intelligence Analysts, Market Research Analysts, Financial Analysts, and Operation Research Analysts.
The Data Analytics Essentials Certificate is stackable with other credentials and can be completed as a stand-alone certificate or as part of the Data Analytics Minor program. All courses will earn credit toward several B.S. degrees from the Goddard School of Business & Economics, such as a B.S. in Management Information Systems. The certificate will be awarded upon completion of 16 credit hours.
These courses will be offered in a full-semester format. Courses will be offered in a face-to-face format at our Ogden campus, with the exception of MIS 2010 , which will be offered in an online format.
- MIS Department Chair: Dr. Seokwoo Song, 801-626-6462
- MIS Department Administrative Specialist: Nancy Tomon, 801-626-7368
- Mailing Address: 1337 Edvalson St., Dept. 3805, Ogden UT 84408
- Campus Location: Ogden Campus, Wattis Building, Room 205