Dec 04, 2023
- Program Prerequisite: An interview with the program advisor is necessary prior to acceptance into the program.
- Grade Requirements: An overall GPA of 2.00 or “C.”
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 63 credit hours is required.
- Assessment Requirements: Students will be required to complete certain assessment instruments as part of the overall requirements for receiving their associate’s degree. Please see your advisor or your department for specific information regarding assessment.
- Program Code: 8025AAS
- CIPC: 521803
All Sales and Merchandising students are required to meet with a faculty advisor at least annually for course and program advisement. Call 801-626-6913 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
Declare your program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ). No special admission or application requirements are needed for this program.
Refer to Degree Requirements for Associate of Applied Science requirements. COMM 2110 is a required support course and will also be applied toward general education requirements. Computer and Information Literacy as defined in this catalog is also required for the AAS degree.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Basic Selling Techniques: Demonstrate effective selling skills.
- Contract and Sales Negotiations: Apply negotiation techniques to selling situations.
- Customer Profiling: Identify and profile the various selling styles.
- Sales Proposal Writing: Apply the principles of proposal writing.
- Team Building Skills: Development of the interpersonal and leadership skills to work effectively in teams.
- Customer Service Skills: Identify successful techniques for working with customers in business situations.
- Supervision Skills: Practical application of supervisory skills including choosing, organizing, training and evaluating.
- Sales Presentation Skills: Identifying and using the principles and practices of professional sales consultants.
- Interpersonal Relationship Skills: Identifying and demonstrating interpersonal relationship skills.
- Legal Compliance and Sales Ethics: Applying the principles, techniques and analysis of ethics and the law in the sales and service profession.
- Planning and organization skills: Apply the principles of organization and planning to all facets of the sales and service profession.
- Technology Skills
Major Course Requirements for AAS Degree
Courses Required (15 credit hours)
Support Courses (30 credit hours)
- Select 30 credit hours from any of the PS Department courses.
Computer and Information Literacy as defined in this catalog is also required.