- Program Prerequisite: Not required.
- Minor: Required
- Grade Requirements: Minimum grade of “C” in courses counted toward fulfilling the major (a grade of “C-” is not acceptable) and an overall GPA of 2.00.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 120 credit hours is required for graduation, of which 40 must be upper division credit hours (courses numbered 3000 and above). A minimum of 39 Anthropology credit hours is required within the Anthropology General Track. A minimum of 42 Anthropology credit hours is required within the Anthropology Archaeology Track.
- Program Code: 7018BA or 7018BS, with ARCH or ANTH cohort based on track choice.
- CIPC: Anthropology General Track (450201), Anthropology Archaeology Track (450201)
Transfer students who are majoring in Anthropology can transfer up to 18 hours from an acceptable Anthropology program. Only 9 of the transferred hours can be lower division.
All Anthropology majors, minors, and BIS students should meet with a faculty advisor at least once a year. Undeclared students and those with general questions need to contact the current coordinator of Anthropology via the Sociology & Anthropology department office phone: (801) 626-6241.
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
Declare your program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ). There are no special admission or application requirements for the major or minor. New freshmen and transfer students admitted to WSU in good standing qualify for admission to this major.
Core and General Education
Refer to Degree Requirements for either Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts requirements. The following courses may be used to fulfill both general education and program requirements: ANTH SS/EDI 1000 , ANTH LS/SUS 1020 , ANTH HU/EDI 1040 , ANTH SS/EDI 2010 , and ANTH SS EDI 2030 . (See university policy on any limitations).
Program Learning Outcomes
Students will understand and/or be able to apply:
- the four-field approach of anthropology;
- anthropological theory and methods;
- critical thinking and communication skills;
- human cultural and biological diversity across time and space.
Major Course Requirements
Required Program Courses (15 credit hours)
In addition, students must select one of the following two tracks to pursue.