Feb 26, 2024
The Certificate of Proficiency provides students with advanced hybrid and electric vehicle training to meet industry demands.
- Grade Requirements: Students must receive a grade of C or better in every course.
- Credit Hour Requirements: 16 credit hours.
- Program Code: 8101CP
- CIPC: 150803
Advisor: Jessica Slater, Schedule an Appointment.
Automotive students should meet each semester with the program advisor.
Submit the online application to the program along with a copy of the applicants driving record. Submitting an application does not guarantee admission to the program. The advisor will contact the student if they qualify for admittance into the program.
- Students will demonstrate the proper use of high-voltage safety equipment when performing any hybrid or electric vehicle repair.
- Students will locate and utilize vehicle electronic service information for all repair procedures.
- Students will explain the theory of operation of hybrid and electric vehicle systems and components.
- Students demonstrate the proper use of special high-voltage service tools and hand tools when performing any hybrid or electric vehicle repair.
- Students will apply a proper diagnostic approach when analyzing a hybrid or electric vehicle system fault.
- Students will apply a proper repair procedure when repairing a hybrid or electric vehicle fault.
- Students will demonstrate a proper repair verification procedure when a hybrid or electric vehicle has been repaired.
- Students will be able to present and explain informations summarizing hybrid and electric vehicle systems.
Automotive Technology Courses Required (16 credit hours)