Jul 13, 2020
- Program Prerequisite: Not required.
- Minor: Not required.
- Grade Requirements: A GPA of 2.75 or higher in all courses required for this major. The overall GPA must be 2.00 or better. No more than one “D” is acceptable.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 120 credit hours is required for graduation; a total of 63 credit hours for this major. Nine to 10 credit hours of required support courses may be used as general education credit. A total of 40 upper division credit hours is required with 34-36 upper division hours possible within the required courses for this major.
- Program Code: Human Performance Wellness (5021BS), Human Performance Sports Recreation (5022BS)
- CIPC: Human Performance Wellness (310501), Human Performance Sports Recreation (310501)
All Human Performance Management students are encouraged to meet with a faculty advisor or the department advisement coordinator each semester for course and program advisement. Call 801-626-7425 or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule an appointment. (Also refer to the Department Advisor Referral List.)
Make application with the HPHP Department and declare program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ).
Refer to Degree and General Education Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements.
Major Course Requirements for BS Degree
Required Core Courses (26 credit hours)
Professional Areas of Emphasis
A student must complete the required and support courses in either the Wellness or the Sports and Recreation Services Emphasis.
Required Core (25 credit hours)
Electives (2 credit hours total [students may need upper division credit])
Required Support Courses (10 credit hours)
Sports and Recreation Services Emphasis
Required Core (20 credit hours)
Electives (8 credit hours total [student may need upper division credits])
(Choose 6 credit hours from the following elective courses)
(Choose 2 credit hours from the following elective courses)
Required Support Courses (9 credit hours)