- Grade Requirements: Minimum grade of “C ” in courses required for this major in addition to an overall GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 63-67 credit hours is required.
- Assessment Requirements: Students will be required to complete certain assessment instruments as part of the overall requirements for receiving their associate’s degree. Please see the program advisor for specific information regarding assessment.
- Program Code: General Motors ASEP (8001AAS), Independent Shop ATEP (8043AAS), Heavy Duty Truck (8008AAS)
- CIPC: General Motors ASEP (470604), Independent Shop ATEP (470604), Heavy Duty Truck (470605)
Automotive Service students should meet each semester with the program advisor for their specific track. Call 801-626-6577 for more information or to schedule an appointment. (Also refer to the Department Advisor Referral List.)
Use the Grad MAPs to plan your degree
Submit the online application to the program along with a copy of the applicants driving record. Submitting an application does not guarantee admission to the program. An applicant will be contacted by an advisor if they qualify for admittance into the program.
National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification Requirement
Automotive Service students are required to take all eight automotive ASE exams. See https://www.ase.com/Home.aspx for testing information. ASE exam fees are included in the student fees for each course. Only Heavy Duty Truck Technology students will be exempt from this requirement.
Refer to Degree Requirements for Associate of Applied Science requirements. The following support courses required for this degree will also be applied toward general education requirements: CHEM 1010 (3) or CHEM 1110 (5), COMM 2110 (3), WEB 1700 , a Social Science general education course (3), and a Humanities general education course (but not a second COMM course) (3).