- Program Prerequisite: Not required.
- Minor: Not required.
- Grade Requirements: A grade of “C” or better in all ECE and support courses is required for this major (a grade of “C-” is not acceptable). Students must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher to graduate.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 126 credit hours is required for graduation.
- Program Code: 8071BS
- CIPC: 141001
Program Educational Objectives
The Objectives of the ECE undergraduate programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering are to educate graduates to become productive, accountable, and responsible professionals in engineering who will:
1. Apply their engineering skills, through theory and application, in industry, government, society, or in graduate school;
2. Practice high technical and ethical standards and communicate their work to colleagues, industry, and professional organizations;
3. Work effectively and contribute in interdisciplinary fields while encouraging expression and valuing diversity;
4. Understand the importance of lifelong learning and continuous professional growth in a changing world as shown through self-directed learning, specialized trainings, certifications, licensing, and graduate programs.
The Weber State University Electrical Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET.
All Electrical Engineering students are required to meet with their faculty advisor at least annually for course and program advisement. Please call the department secretary at 801-626-6898 for the name of your advisor and to schedule an appointment. Individual student records are accessible through the WSU Home Page.
Use Grad MAPs to plan your degree
See an academic advisor for the College of Engineering, Applied Science and Technology to declare your program of study (major). The program is split into two parts, a pre-professional program and a professional program.
Pre-professional Program Admission Requirements
Students must have enrolled or have all the necessary prerequisites to enroll in MATH 1210 - Calculus I , ENGL 1010 EN - Introductory College Writing , and CHEM 1210 PS - Principles of Chemistry I .
Professional Program Admission Requirements
After completion of the pre-professional program, students are required to apply for admittance to the professional program. A minimum GPA of 2.8 in the following courses is required for application to the professional program: MATH 1210 , MATH 1220 , MATH 2210 , MATH 2250 , PHYS 2210 , PHYS 2220 , CHEM 1210 , ENGR /ECE 1000 , ECE 1270 , ECE 1400 , ECE 2260 , ECE 2700 .
For information on Departmental Honors, please see the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering website at weber.edu/ece or the Honors Program .
Refer to Degree Requirements for Bachelor of Science degrees. Consult with your advisor and refer to the major requirements below for specific general education courses required.