- Program Prerequisite: Not required.
- Minor: See specific programs.
- Grade Requirements: Candidates for the bachelor of science degree must complete all prerequisite and required business and economics courses with a grade of “C-” or higher. In addition, the overall business and economics GPA must be 2.5 or higher.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 120 credit hours are required for graduation. A total of 40 upper division credit hours are required (courses numbered 3000 and above).
- Program Code: Economics (4018BS), Quantitative Economics (4020BS), Economics Legal Studies (4021BS), International Economics (4023BS)
- CIPC: Economics (450601), Quantitative Economics (450603), Economics Legal Studies (450601), International Economics (450605)
Acceptance to the John B. Goddard School of Business & Economics is required for all business majors, minors, emphases and certificates. To be admitted, General Economics majors must register for ECON 2899 (for non-business Economics majors only). Students may obtain information regarding admissions from the GSBE Advising Center, WB 211, (801) 626-6534 and/or the Department of Economics, WB 226, (801) 626-6066.
Advisement is strongly encouraged for all GSBE majors and minors. See more information on available advising resources.
Refer to Degree and General Education Requirements for the University Bachelor of Science requirements. The following courses required for the General Economics major will also satisfy general education requirements: ECON 2010 , ECON 2020 (Social Science). ECON 1740 is recommended to fulfill the Senate Bill Requirement in American Institutions.
MATH 1050 is a prerequisite for ECON 2010 , QUAN 2400 , and QUAN 2600 . Students seeking a major in Economics should plan to take the necessary mathematics courses as early as possible in their program of study.