Department Chairman: Vel Casler, 801-626-6324
Program Coordinator: John Kelly, 801-626-7183
Department Website: www.weber.edu/automotive
- Program Prerequisite: An interview with the program coordinator is necessary prior to acceptance into the program. Students must provide evidence of completion of an Associate of Applied Science AAS or Associate of Science AS degree in automotive service technology or other related degree prior to entering upper division curriculum.
- Minor: Not required.
- Grade Requirements: Minimum grade of “C ” in courses required for this major in addition to an overall GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A minimum of 125 to 126 credit hours is required depending upon the emphasis selected and what courses were taken as part of the associate degree. A minimum of 40 upper division credit hours is required (courses numbered 3000 and above).
- Program Code: Field Service (8050BS), Collison Repair and Insurance Management (8051BS), Advanced Vehicle Systems (8052BS)
- CIPC: Field Service (150803), Collison Repair and Insurance Management (150803), Advanced Vehicle Systems (150803)
Automotive Technology students should meet annually with the program coordinator for course and program advisement. Call 801-626-6579 for more information or to schedule an appointment. (Also refer to the Department Advisor Referral List.)
Declare your program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ) and meet with the program coordinator.
Refer to Degree and General Education Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements. The following general education courses not taken as part of the associate degree will need to be taken as part of the bachelor’s degree: MATH 1030 or higher, PHYS 1010 , NTM 1700 , CHEM 1010 , SOC 1020 , and COMM 2110 . The following courses required for the Automotive Technology major will also fulfill general education requirements: ENGL 2010 , PSY 1010 , ECON 1740 , BTNY 1403 , PHIL 1250 , and NTM 1504 or LIBS 1704 .