Also refer to the Dr. Ezekiel R. Dumke College of Health Professions for Health Promotion Major requirements. Degree awarded is Health Services Administration with emphasis in Health Promotion.
- Program Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program (see Admission Requirements below).
- Minor: Not Required.
- Grade Requirement: A grade of “C” or better in courses required for this major (a grade of “C-” is not acceptable), in addition to a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A total of 120 credit hours is required for graduation; 53-55 of these are required within the major. A total of 40 upper division credit hours is required (courses number 3000 and above); a minimum of 37 of these is required within the major.
Students are encouraged to meet with a faculty advisor annually for course and program advisement. Health Promotion advisors can be reached directly by calling 801-626-6485 or students can visit Health Promotion advisors in the Reed K. Swenson Building, room 125G.
The HPHP department advisement coordinator will serve as the academic advisor prior to admission to the program, and will assist with advisement through completion of the program of study. Call 801-626-7425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Declare your program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ). In addition, the following steps are required:
- Make application to the program.
- Complete academic contract for specific course of study.
For more information call 801-626-6485 or visit Health Promotion advisors in the Reed K. Swenson Building, room 125G.
Refer to Degree and General Education Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements.
Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the examination for certification as a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) with a minimum of 25 semester hours in Health Courses.