The Advanced Radiologic Sciences program is designed to fill the continuing education needs of registered technologists, to provide a career ladder for those who wish to obtain additional skills in a specialized area, and to provide an opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree. Programs of study are designed to meet the career goals of students in medical imaging modalities and for technical, management and educational positions. The following emphases or programs are available:
- Advanced Radiography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging and/or Computed Tomography (MRI and CT)
- Cardiovascular-Interventional Technology (CIT)
- Women’s Imaging
- Radiologist Assistant (RA)*
*The Radiology Assistant program requires the consent of a supervising physician, 5 years experience as an ARRT registered technologist (RT) and that the General Education requirements at Weber State University be met.
- Program Prerequisite: Must be an ARRT registered technologist or acceptable equivalent as determined by the Department of Radiologic Sciences, make application and be accepted to the program of choice (refer to the Admission Requirements below).
- Minor: Students may select any approved minor in consultation with a faculty advisor and the completion of an academic contract. A minor is not required for the Radiology Assistant (RA) program.
- Grade Requirements: After admittance into the program of choice, a GPA of 2.0 is required in all professional courses.
- Credit Hours: A total of 120 credit hours are required for graduation; 30-48 of these must be within the major emphasis.
- Program Code: Advanced Radiologic Science (2016BS), MRI&CT (2019BS), CT (2015BS), MRI (2014BS), CIT (2021BS), Women’s Imaging (2034BS), RA (2035BS)
- CIPC: Advanced Radiologic Science (510911), MRI&CT (510920), CT (510999), MRI (510920), CIT (510901), Women’s Imaging (510999), RA (510814)
Students must meet with a faculty advisor for the program of study selected and should meet with a faculty advisor at least annually for course and program review. Call 801-626-6057 for more information or to schedule an appointment. (Also refer to the Department Advisor Referral List.)
- Apply for admission to Weber State University;
- Apply to the program of choice and submit a $25.00 application fee;
- Submit copy of active ARRT certification card or acceptable equivalent;
- Submit transcripts from all colleges and universities attended;
- Complete an academic contract in consultation with a faculty advisor;
- The Program of Study within the Advanced Radiologic Sciences major will be declared upon acceptance into modality.
Refer to Degree and General Education Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements.