- Program Prerequisite: Completion of MLS AAS Degree requirements. Students transferring from another college or university must have a MLS/MLT AAS Degree and/or CLT/MLT certification.
- Minor: A minor is not required, but minors are available in chemistry and microbiology with successful completion of additional courses as specified by the department offering the minor.
- Grade Requirements: A grade of “B-” or better in all MLS courses, and a grade of “C-” or better in all support courses. Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A minimum of 120 credit hours is required for graduation.
All medical laboratory science students are required to meet with a faculty advisor prior to application. Thereafter, advisement each semester is recommended. To schedule an advising appointment, call the MLS secretary at 801-626-6118. (Also refer to the Department Advisor Referral List.)
- Must have completed WSU MLS AAS Program. Transfer students must have a MLS/MLT AAS Degree and/or CLT/MLT certification.
- Meet with a MLS faculty advisor.
- Submit application and a non-refundable $25 fee to DCHP Admissions Advisement office (Marriott Allied Health Building, Room 108) by April 1. Applications are available in the MLS office (Marriott Allied Health Building, Room 208). For more information, call the MLS secretary at 801-626-6118.
- Complete a federal background check and drug screen by the end of fall semester after being accepted into the program. If students have completed a background check and drug screen when accepted into the WSU MLS AAS Program, this does not need to be repeated.
- Students for whom English is not their native language need to submit documentation fo proficiency in English. please refer to the MLS website at http://weber.edu/mls/ for more details.
- Must be currently employed by an accredited (TJC/CAP/COLA/CLIA) laboratory that can provide a multidisciplinary laboratory experience.
- Must have a MLS/MLT AAS Degree and/or CLT/MLT certification. (Note: acceptable certification; MLT(ASCP), MT(AMT), or MT(AAB).)
- Contact the BS MLS online advisor, Cindi Kranek at 801-626-8546 or firstname.lastname@example.org for advising.
- Have employer read and sign Statement of Support form, available at http://www.weber.edu/mls/degrees/online/BSapplication.html.
- Apply to WSU for general admissions. Applications are available online at http://www.weber.edu/admissions.
- Send all official transcripts from other institutions to the WSU admissions office.
- Complete a MLS BS online application, available at http://www.weber.edu/mls/degrees/online/BSapplication.html. Submit a completed Statement of Support along with the application. A $95 non-refundable departmental application fee is also required.
- Complete a federal background check and drug screen, if required by employer.
All supporting documents listed above must be received by application due dates of February 1 for fall semester or September 1 for spring semester.
For more information about the online application requirements and process, go to http://www.weber.edu/mls/degrees/online/BS.html, and contact Cindi Kranek, at 801-626-8546 or email@example.com.
General Education Requirements
Refer to Degree and General Education Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements. The following required courses will fulfill both program requirements and general education requirements in the Life and Physical Sciences areas: CHEM 1110 , CHEM 1210 , HTHS 1110 , MICR 1113 , MICR 2054 , PHYS 1010 . Remaining general education requirements can be fulfilled by taking the required credit hours in the following areas:
6 credit hours Composition
3 credit hours Quantitative Literacy
3 credit hours American Institutions
9 credit hours Creative Arts & Humanities
2-4 credit hours Computer Literacy
6 credit hours Social Sciences
3 credit hours Diversity
Some requirements may be met by ACT, CLEP, and/or AP scores as designated by the University (contact the Admissions Office for more information).