User Experience (UX) design is a growing interdisciplinary field focusing on the interaction between humans and technology and the design of meaningful and transformative user experiences. It focuses on having a deep understanding of users and their needs and using that understanding to guide the design of new sites, apps, products, and services.
This emphasis takes place during the last two years of the WEB/UX (BS) program. It covers the main areas of UX design including user research methods, accessibility, and information architecture. As an interdisciplinary emphasis, it lists required support courses from departments such as Psychology, Professional Sales, Communications, English, and Sociology and Anthropology. A student graduating with this emphasis will have the UX Design training and background needed to work as UX designers and/or researchers.
- Program Prerequisite: Completion or equivalent of a Weber State AAS Degree in Web and User Experience.
- Minor: Not required.
- Grade Requirements: A grade of “C” or better must be earned in all required WEB and CS courses (a grade of “C-” is not acceptable). A grade of “C-” or better must be earned in all required support courses. In addition, an overall GPA of 2.70 or higher must be attained for all required courses.
- Credit Hour Requirements: A minimum of 123 credit hours is required for graduation. A total of 40 upper-division credit hours is required (courses numbered 3000 and above).
- Program Code: 8075BS with 8094 emphasis code
- CIPC: Web and User Experience(110801) with User Experience Design (303101)
Web and User Experience major students should meet with a School of Computing advisor for course and program advisement. Refer to the Department Advisor Referral List for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Use Grad MAPS to plan your degree
Complete the Web and User Experience (AAS) or equivalent. Declare a program of study (see Enrollment Services and Information ) with the department admin (Elizabeth Hall 301). An application is needed to select this emphasis
Refer to Degree Requirements for Bachelor of Science requirements. The COMM 2110 HU CEL course required for the Web and User Experience major (taken as part of the AAS) will also be applied to fill general education requirements.