Apr 01, 2023
Return to: Programs Sorted by Degree
If you are seeking a teaching license, please go to the appropriate Graduate Certificate in Teaching page.
- Grade Requirements: Following admission to the MEd program, students must maintain an institutional GPA of 3.0. Students must earn at least a B- in all core classes. Students must earn at least a B- in all courses. If students earn a grade that is below a B-, the course must be retaken. Course grades below a C- are unacceptable and could result in removal from the program if the problem persists.
- Credit Hour Requirements: The 26-hour program of study consists of professional core specific to educational leadership, including an intensive internship in the K-12 setting. The graduate certificate is intended for those who already hold a master’s degree. Courses listed in the Foundations section or equivalent must be on the transcript of the master’s degree. If not, some of these may be required.
- Program Code: 5058GC
- CIPC: 131202
The MEd program is selective with a limited number of openings available for qualified students. Admission deadlines are January 15 for Fall semester. For additional information contact the Master of Education office, (801) 626-6278.
The following items are required:
- Admission to Weber State University and application for the MEd Program.
- Payment of the MEd program application fee.
- Verification of a master’s degree from an accredited institution based on official transcripts from all institutions attended. If foundational courses were not completed in the master’s degree, additional courses may be required.
Overall GPA of 3.25 or 3.25 on most recent 60 semester hours; *If between 3.0 and 3.25, may take the GRE (152 verbal min and 145 quantitative min) or MAT (400 min)
- Writing sample score with a minimum of 4 out of 6;
- Clear a USOE fingerprint background check;
- Hold a Professional Educator License;
- Be deemed effective or higher by:
- an evaluation system meeting the standards of R277-531; or
- the LEA’s equivalent on the applicant’s most recent evaluation;
- Have a recommendation from:
- the individual’s immediate administrative supervisor; or
- an LEA-level administrator with knowledge regarding the individual’s potential as an education leader; and
- Pass an interview conducted by the program to measure the potential of the individual as an education leader (with a score of 4 out of 6).
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Please seek advisement/assistance from WSU’s International Student and Scholar Center at 801-626-6853 or email@example.com
- TOEFL score of 223 (computer-based) or 85 (internet-based) or IELTS 6.5.
- Oral language proficiency assessment.
- Weber State University-accepted bachelor’s degree.
- Courses evaluated into the equivalent of American credits and letter grades.
- Contact WSU International Student Services Office and submission of a WSU International Student Application and a Graduate Financial Guarantee form.
- If the overall GPA is lower than 3.25 but better than a 3.0, or if the evaluated transcript cannot be calculated for the last 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of course work, the Graduate Record Examination must be taken with a minimum score of 145 on the Quantitative Reasoning, 152 on the Verbal Reasoning, and 4 on the Analytical Writing portions. Students with GPAs below 3.00 will not be considered for the program. All degree requirements must be completed within a six-year timeline based on the first semester of coursework.
Only required if not previously completed as part of a master’s degree.
Return to: Programs Sorted by Degree